General conditions of sale
- Our offers are free of engagement and by no means bind our company. Unless stipulated otherwise, their validity is limited to 1 month from the sending date onwards.
- Designs, sketches, images, drawings and/or samples are only provided at the customer’s express request and are fully at his expense. These documents may be reproduced under no circumstances, nor provided to third parties.
- Orders are expressly made in writing.
- A presented model is executed, in any form whatsoever, expressly at the customer’s risk. Therefore, we will not assume any responsibility regarding civil lawsuits for forgery or copyrights. The principal is considered to have acquired all rights from the model’s owner or copyright holder.
- All orders placed on account of a third party, also if invoices must be presented to the latter, will bind the customer, who is responsible for their payment, should the third party remain in default.
- We will not assume any responsibility for any damage to or loss of originals of objects belonging to the customers which are left in our care. The buyer-addressee will bear the transport risk. Any risk may be covered by an insurance policy if requested in writing by the customer, but the premium must be charged to the customer.
- In case of incorrect delivery or mistake, in any form whatsoever, our responsibility is limited to the re-execution of the work. The buyer renounces any additional compensation whatsoever.
- If quantities in excess of 20 items of the same article are ordered, we are entitled to deliver and calculate a 5% greater or smaller quantity; in case of quantities of 100 items or more, this percentage amounts to 10%.
- Drawings, lithos, engraving models, stencils, stamps, dies, programmes, etc. required for the execution of orders received, and manufactured by us, or by third parties in our commission, remain our exclusive property. However, they will remain in our care exclusively for the customer’s benefit.
- We reserve the right to apply our mark, as a trademark or company name, on all goods delivered by us.
- In case of delivery of hardened steel stamps or dies, all errors due to any incorrect handling of the items by the customer are at the customer’s expense. Any tempering or rehardening of stamps or dies is exclusively at the customer’s risk.
3. Applicable law
- Belgian law applies between the parties.
4. Delivery period
- The delivery periods are free of engagement.
- The buyer cannot claim any compensation.
- Any delivery delay cannot give cause for a cancellation of the order.
- Complaints must be communicated in writing, within 8 days after receipt of the invoice and/or delivery of the goods.
- All invoices are payable in cash in Grobbendonk (Belgium).
- In case of non-payment on the expiry date, a 12% interest will be owed legally without any prior notice of default being required.
- In case of default of payment, a compensation is also owed, set at 10% of the invoice amount, without prejudice to any other rights and claims, compensations and interests.
- In case of non-payment of the invoice or bill of exchange on the expiry date, all outstanding amounts will be claimable all at once and immediately.
- The exchange risk is at the buyer’s expense.
7. Retention of title
- Without prejudice to the buyer’s risk regarding the goods, we reserve the retention of title to the delivered goods until full payment of the price.
- In case of payment by means of a cheque or bill of exchange, the ownership is transferred only after final collection of the full amount.
- If our confidence in the buyer’s creditworthiness is betrayed due to acts of judicial execution against the buyer, and other assignable events which question our confidence in the proper execution of the agreement, we reserve the right to claim a guarantee from the buyer for the complete execution of the agreement.
- If the buyer does not wish to comply, we reserve the right to cancel the entire or partial order, even if the goods have already been shipped or delivered entirely or partly.
- Either the Justice of the Peace Court of the canton of Herentals or the Court of the district of Turnhout is exclusively competent to settle any disputes between the parties.
10. Hidden defects
- The seller must not indemnify the buyer for any hidden defects.